[CS-FSLUG] Moderator Message: Suspend Political Posts

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Sun Mar 1 18:48:19 CST 2009

First, mea culpa -- Unlike the other moderators, I have no excuse for
not doing a better job here, because I don't have a job otherwise.

------------
Official notice: For a couple of weeks, no political messages on the list.
------------

My not-so-official addendum:

Following that cooling off period, we will entertain the possibility of
on-topic messages which happen to have political overtones. It's quite
possible to clearly favor one position over another, but a failure to
season it with grace and humility makes any message out of bounds. There
is room for mistakes, as we know folks can't hear your tone of voice in
your words. However, it also means we have to be more careful, and be
prepared to clarify. We are aware of style and personality, so it's not
as if we demand so-called "politically correct" writing.

We've already established messages to the list should be original
material, with links and quotations permitted as teasers. If you did not
write it, there should be quotation marks, indentation, or similar
indications. The idea is to offer a discussion on whatever falls within
our purpose for the list existing.

As a reminder, on-topic means faith, technology (computers and software
in particular), and anything related. Ask questions if you aren't sure.
Make a few mistakes so we can define things. Rattle my cage if you feel
I've missed something.

--
Ed Hurst