[CS-FSLUG] Using Cell Phones with GNU/Linux

Davo Smith christiansource at davosmith.co.uk
Fri Jun 19 17:50:23 CDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 10:44 PM, Don Parris<parrisdc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone sync their cell phone with Debian or Ubuntu (GNOME or KDE apps),
> or otherwise use their cell phone with a GNU/Linux system?  I'm curious as
> to whether there are any particular phones that are known to work well - or
> not work well.

Wammu is a good place to start - it supports quite a range of models
(reading/writing contact, SMS and even calendar info). Someday it
might even have gain write (rather than just read) support for the
Samsung U600 I have (I started doing some work on that 6 months ago,
but never quite got around to finishing it).

Davo