[CS-FSLUG] Using Cell Phones with GNU/Linux

Don Parris parrisdc at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 16:44:30 CDT 2009

Does anyone sync their cell phone with Debian or Ubuntu (GNOME or KDE apps),
or otherwise use their cell phone with a GNU/Linux system?  I'm curious as
to whether there are any particular phones that are known to work well - or
not work well.

Also, I see some phones work with Exchange and the like, but what about
standard POP/IMAP services?

Sorry, but my searches on this subject lead to articles about
GNU/Linux-based phones - not whether a phone works well with GNU/Linux.

And what apps might I use on an Ubuntu system?  I've seen "Kandy" or
something like that listed as a tool to work with cell phones, but what
others are there?

Thanks,
Don
--
D.C. Parris
Minister, Journalist, Free Software Advocate