[CS-FSLUG] Freedos

Dave & Ella McMullen DavidM at HisFeet.net
Thu Jun 18 12:59:18 CDT 2009

I love Linux, but I still have some old programs from "dos" days that I
find very useful.  I tried Freedos a few years ago, and couldn't get it
configured to do what I wanted it to, so I used DosBox. It wasn't that
great either (for my purposes - I'm not a gamer) but it got me by.

Recently I tried Freedos again, and found it much easier to use.
Configuring it is a job for real geeks, but it's already preconfigured for
most of what I need.

There is a wealth of programs on the internet available for "Dos"
Including Audio programs, grafix programs and Gui interfaces.  Some of
them are comercial, but many of them (probably most) are now freeware or
open source plus a great deal of "abandon-ware".

Freedos works well, and it is very fast, by itself, or within Linux.
                                   David McMullen

--
Web Site: http://www.HisFeet.net
prayer letters: http://ministryupdates.org/mcmullen