[CS-FSLUG] Ubuntu won't shut down; and permission problem

Dave & Ella McMullen DavidM at HisFeet.net
Mon Jun 8 10:12:51 CDT 2009

Thanks for your help getting KDE up and running on my Ubuntu installation.
I don't know if it is related or not, but now Ubuntu wont shut down
completely. It shuts down to a black screen.  If I do CTRL-ALT-F2, I get a
line that says "Login" but won't allow me to log in.  The only way I can
shut it down seems to be with the off switch on the computer. That's my
current "big" problem. Any suggestions?

In addition, I need to be able use dosemu to run a small database program
and a few other small, old DOS programs on a fat32 partition.  I can
readily do it with several other distros that I have on my two computers,
but Ubuntu 9.04 won't let me except in "sudo" mode. And it won't let me
change the permissions - not even as root. By comparison, this is a small
anoyance, But if I can't salve it I may conclude that Ubuntu is not worth
the trouble.

.                                      Thanks, Dave
--
Web Site: http://www.HisFeet.net
prayer letters: http://ministryupdates.org/mcmullen