[CS-FSLUG] PNG Transparency and Making It Work with IE7/8

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Sat Jun 6 19:40:46 CDT 2009

Hi everyone,
	I'm working on a new site for a client and decided to play around a
bit with Scriptaculous to produce animation without Flash. It works
nicely in Firefox and Safari. But, in IE 7/8 (ignoring IE 6, even)
black borders appear around all of the PNGs with alpha-channel
transparency for a brief moment when they appear. It looks really bad.

	Supposedly, I thought, IE finally got with the program in IE 8, but...

	Anyone know a good fix for this? My script I use to fix IE6 and alpha
channels doesn't seem to help here.

	Thanks,
		Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "It may be that  when the angels go about their
Editor, OfB.biz   | task  praising God,  they play only Bach.  I am
tbutler at ofb.biz   | sure,  however,  that when they are together en
timothybutler.us  | famille they play Mozart."
                                                       -- Karl Barth