[CS-FSLUG] kde on Ubuntu Studio?

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Tue Jun 2 12:56:10 CDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 5:55 PM, l4c <l4c at thelinuxlink.net> wrote:
> The package you are looking for will most likely be named "kde-desktop" or
> "kubuntu-desktop".

If my own experience is any clue, you will want to avoid the
kubuntu-desktop, and stick with just the kde-desktop, or whatever name
the metapackage has nowadays. When I did the kubuntu-desktop, it
messed up my gnome setup, and basically changed everything to Kubuntu.
But there is a kde install that doesn't do that. This is the one you
will want to install. Unfortunately, I don't remember its exact name,
and this happened back with 7.04 or 7.10 for me.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland