[CS-FSLUG] OT: Bible buzz begins as Ark hunters wait to view Ten Commandments box

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Tue Jul 14 09:30:09 CDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 2:19 PM, Steven
Vollom<stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> It is the reason I am anxious for the revealing of Noah's Ark, and the remains
> of nephalim.  They were mortal.  GOD talked about the deaths of the last of
> them.  Since we have dinosaur bones, it is reasonable that nephalim bones
> would survive too.  Those two revelations would move lots of fence walkers to
> the right side of the fense.

As to the likelihood of finding Noah's ark, the chances are less than
nil. Think about it. Here you are, on an earth that has been devasted
by flood waters for about a year. The land has been washed clean of
all building materials, as well as material to start fires! What do
you think Noah used to burn his offerings? Yup. Most likely parts of
the ark. It was no longer necessary, once the flood was over. Sure, at
first, it was probably used as "home" but once time wore on, it was
made of too-valuable of stuff. It was dismantled and used. It's that
simple. Nothing fancy about it (but more on that later).

Now, as the Nephilim, it's more complicated. We find dinosaur bones,
and bones of many other creatures. If, however, the vast bulk of them
are the result of the flood, we must realize that this planet was
teaming with life, yet the quantities of fossils we have found are
only a pale figure in comparison. Also, many animals would be unable
to swim, and would drown very quickly, and thus be more likely to be
under deposits. Humans--especially the strongest among them--would
swim the longest, find ways to stay on top, and be the last to go.
Worse, think of the teaming sea life that would be there to... um....
great them... Not at all likely to find fossils of these guys--though
I believe that there have been bones or whatnot of giants found...

Now, as to the Ark o t C. And Noah's Ark, and other "relics" of these
days. We've seen what people do to less ancient relics--"venerate"
them, I believe is the word typically used, but "worship" fits better.
God commanded us to not worship anything or anybody but Him! This is
why He commanded that no images be made in His name. The physical
object becomes the replacement of the real. Humans are forever prone
to worshipping the creation rather than the Creator (read Romans 1).
If the AotC happened to have survived until today, it won't be
revealed until it is necessary, and sorry, but I sure hope none of us
reading this will be seeing that. ;-) (Of course, this all depends on
your eschatology--I know--but by mine, none of us should be seeing it,
because of what that would imply).

So, to wish to see these things this side of Glory is a way of rushing
these things. We will have an eternity! to glory in Christ, and His
goodness, and His creations--and besides, then we won't need the Ark
otC, because we will have the REAL Mercy Seat, and He who sits upon it
will lead us in Righteousness! This world is just a sorry shadow of
the real to come!

For myself, I don't need nor want to find a Noah's Ark, or Ark otC, or
the bones of Abraham. I have the more sure Word of God. :-)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland