[CS-FSLUG] I am embarrassed, I don't remember your name, but...................

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Sat Jul 11 08:40:58 CDT 2009

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 3:21 PM, steven
vollom<stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> When the Holy Spirit became part of the believer, the ability to test and
> prove those things came to being.  It may be the reason GOD provided it for
> his people.

> Anyone who says he is a Christian and doesn't have the quiet voice that
> confirms or rejects these things, may not be a Christian.

Paul exhorted us to not grieve the Holy Spirit. This, of course, by
its mere statement, implies that it is possible--even probably--that
believers can "impair" the working of the Holy Spirit in their lives.
Furthermore, Paul finishes the verse saying, "whereby ye are sealed
unto the day of redemption." Thus reminding us of the primary ministry
of the Holy Spirit in our lives. One thing we don't want to forget is
that the Holy Spirit's primary--no, sole--tool for accomplishing His
work in our lives is Scripture (i.e. the 66 books as we know It
today). Almost invariably, when you see the Holy Spirit's working or
ministering, you see God's Word. In other words, the Holy Spirit won't
work in a way that goes beyond or contradicts God's Written Word. This
is contrary to much teaching today, but I suppose that is to be
expected in this sensual, post-modern world in which we live.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland