[CS-FSLUG] Kiosk Web Filtering/Restrictions

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Wed Jul 8 02:11:40 CDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 8:38 AM, Timothy Butler<tbutler at ofb.biz> wrote:
>        Can anyone recommend a really, really simple way to restrict web
> access in a Ubuntu/GNOME/Firefox kiosk so that it can only be used to access
> authorized sites? The system is meant to be a library catalog lookup
> computer and so I only want it to be able to access the site which hosts the
> catalog.

OpenDNS? I believe it can be set to only allow permitted sites. Since
it's simply a DNS server, it's _really_ easy to set up on your
computer. ;-) Well, other than going to your web page, and setting
permissions.

Never mind. I just checked, and it only allows blocking certain kinds
of web sites. However, it may be enough for you. Check it out at
www.opendns.org
--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland