[CS-FSLUG] Fedora Directory Server and Openldap

Chris chris at deksai.com
Tue Feb 24 16:55:47 CST 2009

This might be a can of worms, but....

Has anyone had any experience with both OpenLDAP and the Fedora DS?
I've been using OpenLDAP, because that is what I know, but I was
interested in trying something new at work.

The primary reason is that people other than myself may have to work on
it someday, and OpenLDAP can be a little rough.  Basically, there
isn't need for extreme performance as much as usability.

I've read some things about it, where people claim that it is
much nicer to work with.  I know that I can't really find out unless I
work with it myself, but I figured I'd still like to get any experienced
input I can.

So, if anyone has some thoughts on this, please share!