[CS-FSLUG] Linux is really frustrating.

Jim Isbell, W5JAI jim.isbell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 22:10:35 CST 2009

I have been using Linux for several years now.  I love the fact that
it never crashes.  But lack of PAPER documentation frustrates me
beyond belief.  When I have a problem I cannot browse a book while I
cool off.

Linux is like the little girl with a little curl, right in the middle
of her forehead.  When she was good, she was very very good, but when
she was bad she was horrid.

I have lost the ability to play .wav files.  I went to the
associations list and tried changing the associations to use
RealPlayer10 by putting it on the top of the list.  I REMOVED Kplayer
completely from the list and also Mplayer because all they were doing
was bouncing the icon and then nothing.  BUT...even with kplayer
removed from the list of preferred applications, the blasted thing
STILL tries to use Kplayer no mater what.  I cannot get it to try
RealPlayer10

Any suggestions???

--
Jim Isbell