[CS-FSLUG] Mouse Jiggler???

Josiah Ritchie josiah at ritchietribe.net
Tue Feb 17 10:26:51 CST 2009

Usually you can turn off the power saving things in the BIOS. In linux,
apmd, uswsusp and acpid are some of the programs that handles this, you
might be able to configure them to your needs. You may not need all of them.

You could rebuild your own kernel and leave out the parts that enable this.

This document tells you how to make it work. You could probably reverse it.

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/power-management-guide.xml

JSR/

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 11:14 AM, Jim Isbell, W5JAI <jim.isbell at gmail.com>wrote:

> Recently I saw an advertisement for a "mouse jiggler".  The object of
> the device, a small USB plugin, was to simulate the movement of the
> mouse every 20 seconds to forestall the loss of the active program
> into "resting" state.
>
> I am running a computer that is the server for my telephone system and
> when the program goes into a "rest" state it takes 20 seconds for it
> to come back up when called so the first call is often missed.
>
> It would seem to me that there should be software that could do this
> without a hardware device.  Anyone know of any such thing?
>
> --
> Jim Isbell
> "If you are not living on the edge, well then,
> you are just taking up too much space."

Our Mission
Technology and Hospitality for God's Workmen
http://missions.ritchietribe.net