[CS-FSLUG] Image Clarity Differences Between GNU & Win Systems?

Don Parris parrisdc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 01:06:39 CST 2009

Thanks all, I didn't mean to drop out of my own question - just got busy.
I'll look into these issues with her.

Incidentally, she seems to be fairly happy - no other complaints yet,
anyway.  :-)

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 7:13 PM, Ed Hurst <ehurst at soulkiln.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 16:56:43 -0600, Don Parris <parrisdc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  Has anyone else noticed any issues along these lines?  Were you able to
>> resolve the issue(s)?  I'm guessing she might need to adjust her monitor a
>> bit, but I don't know beyond that what might cause a difference.
>>

> I love my Lenny AMD64, but I hate the way all Debian products configure the
> monitor. Debian lets X.org do what it pleases, and it often fails to
> identify the monitor. SUSE does it much better. So I kept my xorg.conf from
> SUSE and used it on Lenny, only slightly modified (mostly FontPath
> statements). To get it really correct, you'll need to look up some else's
> detailed config on that monitor and graphics chipset.
>
> --
> Ed Hurst

D.C. Parris
Minister, Journalist, Free Software Advocate
https://www.xing.com/profile/Don_Parris
http://www.linkedin.com/in/dcparris
sip:dcparris at ekiga.net <sip%3Adcparris at ekiga.net>