[CS-FSLUG] Everything Everywhere Everywhen

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Thu Dec 24 02:27:55 CST 2009

On Thursday, December 24, 2009, George Rodier <gwgr at shaw.ca> wrote:

> Likewise I believe He is not bound by time. With the Lord a thousand
> years is like a day and a day like a thousand years. I take that to be a
> poetic expression of His not being bound by time. Did He not also say,
> 'Before the world was, I am'? Is not everywhen to God simply 'now'? For
> Him everywhen is evernow.
>
> So, if His present omniscience is due to his omnipresence, is not also
> His perfect foreknowledge? In other words He is not only present
> everywhere but likewise everywhen. God knows what you are going to
> think, decide and do tomorrow because he is already there as you think,
> decide and do. His is a foreknowledge by experience. He 'knows' what you
> are doing tomorrow and that does not obviate your free will.

This is my first time trying to type on a touchscreen phone, so please
bear with me. :-)
I always like to describe it like us standing on a high hill, looking
down on a river (or my prefered--a train track) ;-)

We, standing there, cam see the entire length of said river (or
train). For God, time is like that. He sees time like we see space,
only much more intimately.

A century ago a pastor wrote a fascinating small book, called
Flatland. It is freely available as an snook online. Only one must be
careful and not take it too far. It was originally a social
commentary.

-Jon

--
 -Jon Glass