[CS-FSLUG] Chrome OS

Chad Fluegge chadfluegge at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 22:38:23 CST 2009

I successfully compiled and installed Chrome OS to a USB stick the day
after it was released. For me, even though I had gotten a sneak peak
at it via a developers leak of the Chrome browser for linux, it was
somewhat anti-climatic.

You need to have a flash drive with atleast 4GB. It did boot up pretty
fast on my eeepc 900, and all hardware was recognized, but I didn't
care for the fact that it is obviously geared toward cloud computing.

Here's a link to an article that shows where to get a hold of Chrome
OS: http://totalinux.org/2009/12/chromiumos-cherry-ready-to-run-chromeos/

And another link that pretty much sums up my position on Google's
Chrome OS: http://totalinux.org/2009/11/chromeos-released-google-missed-a-great-opportunity/