[CS-FSLUG] OT: 'Mix-and-match' faith dangerous

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Tue Dec 22 12:54:54 CST 2009

On 12/22/2009 03:15 AM, Marco Tedaldi wrote:
> Hello and good morning
>
> Am Montag, den 21.12.2009, 21:05 -0500 schrieb Fred A. Miller:
>
>> 'Mix-and-match' faith dangerous
>> <http://www.onenewsnow.com/Church/Default.aspx?id=821280>
>> A clergyman in the Convocation of Anglicans in North America isn't
>> surprised that elements of eastern faiths and New Age thinking have
>> found their way into the beliefs of many Protestants and Catholics.
>>

> Thats not a new problem. At least here it's something I see in the
> official churches. Maybe I must add, that we have two official
> confessions in switzerland (catholic and protestant) which have some
> support from the state.

So I understand.
> While I have my doupts on catholic church in its whole form I also see
> that the protestant church in switzerland is far away from what it
> should be.

Most are.
> We have priests in some churches that don't believe in god!
> We have seminars about healing stones and other esoteric practices in
> protestantic churches. Including all these New Age and Far East stuff
> (Chi, Meditations (not in prayer!), Feng Shui).
> We have a strong movement in "all people are good and all religions are
> the same" (sorry for my lack of propper english words here) in the
> protestantic church!

Satan has been EXTREMELY busy in the past 100 years or so.
> One of the good things in this church is that the local churches are
> quite free in what they do. So there ARE some protestantic churches with
> a strong believ (I've had the luck of growing up in such a church and
> came to believe there).  These churches have far reaching possibilities
> of reaching people. Pecause people trust them. The people (also non
> believers) send their kids to actions organized by the church (while
> they would never ever let the kids join some youth movement of a "free
> church" because they regard the as "sects" (at least in german this word
> has a huge negative meaning).

Good!
> So you might want to include the swiss churches in your prayers for them
> to stay strong in this rough times.

And good Biblical churches everywhere!!

The world hates Christ! When you consider the differences between all
religions,
that many have similar moral dictates, that Christianity ISN'T
militaristic like Islam,
for example, it's plain to see that the world is in greater rebellion
against God than
ever before, knowingly or unknowingly.

Fred

--