[CS-FSLUG] OT: 'Mix-and-match' faith dangerous

Marco Tedaldi marco.tedaldi at gmx.ch
Tue Dec 22 02:15:19 CST 2009

Hello and good morning

Am Montag, den 21.12.2009, 21:05 -0500 schrieb Fred A. Miller:
> 'Mix-and-match' faith dangerous
> <http://www.onenewsnow.com/Church/Default.aspx?id=821280>
> A clergyman in the Convocation of Anglicans in North America isn't
> surprised that elements of eastern faiths and New Age thinking have
> found their way into the beliefs of many Protestants and Catholics.

Thats not a new problem. At least here it's something I see in the
official churches. Maybe I must add, that we have two official
confessions in switzerland (catholic and protestant) which have some
support from the state.

While I have my doupts on catholic church in its whole form I also see
that the protestant church in switzerland is far away from what it
should be.
We have priests in some churches that don't believe in god!
We have seminars about healing stones and other esoteric practices in
protestantic churches. Including all these New Age and Far East stuff
(Chi, Meditations (not in prayer!), Feng Shui).
We have a strong movement in "all people are good and all religions are
the same" (sorry for my lack of propper english words here) in the
protestantic church!

One of the good things in this church is that the local churches are
quite free in what they do. So there ARE some protestantic churches with
a strong believ (I've had the luck of growing up in such a church and
came to believe there).  These churches have far reaching possibilities
of reaching people. Pecause people trust them. The people (also non
believers) send their kids to actions organized by the church (while
they would never ever let the kids join some youth movement of a "free
church" because they regard the as "sects" (at least in german this word
has a huge negative meaning).

So you might want to include the swiss churches in your prayers for them
to stay strong in this rough times.

Shalom

Marco