[CS-FSLUG] OT: My wife is from this small town in NY.

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Fri Dec 18 21:00:54 CST 2009

On 12/18/2009 07:59 AM, Ed Hurst wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 00:16:59 -0600, Fred A. Miller
> <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
>
>> That is correct......He chose to do that. I don't know that is what
>> we're all supposed to do now. As to the Crusades, there's much in
>> current history books that's not accurate. One needs to have done
>> proper study for many years to be able to discuss that issue
>> intelligently. I don't believe any of us here fit that qualification.
>
> I assert we are supposed to do that. And I wonder if you realize how
> insulting that last line sounds? With my degree in Social Studies
> (including large doses of history), there is no way I could qualify?
> My professors, with PhDs, called me a professional historian. I may
> not really know, but it's hard to imagine that wasn't designed merely
> to shut someone up. When does someone gain the right to disagree,
> brother?

That isn't what I said, Ed! IF you spent extensive, NOT cursory, time
studying that period and ALL that happened, that is well documented,
then yes you could speak with authority. I can't.....won't even try.
Most of what I have available isn't the truth.....revisionist garbage
and I know it. I didn't intend any insult to anyone, just stating what I
know to be the extent of study required and that MOST don't have it.

Fred

--
A REVOLUTIONARY IDEA!
'Time to put Nana Pelosi in a home!'