[CS-FSLUG] OT: My wife is from this small town in NY.

Davo Smith christiansource at davosmith.co.uk
Fri Dec 18 02:21:27 CST 2009

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 6:07 AM, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> On 12/17/2009 07:54 AM, l4c wrote:
>
> Ed Hurst wrote:
>
> On 12/16/2009 10:38 PM, Fred A. Miller wrote:
>
> You haven't seen what I've seen, Ed.
>
> Nor have you seen what I have. We are all experts at one thing or another,
> but it weakens your claim when you are ungracious. If you posted as many
> articles about evangelizing Muslims as you did about promoting slaughter of
> them, perhaps it would be more acceptable. But you've already shown your
> colors, so it's too late for that.
>
> Moderator says: Back off.
>

> Interesting Ed, I get all the exact same posts from Fred on my list.  I seem
> them all twice since I am on this one too.  I don't remember any promotion
> of the "slaughter" of anyone.
>

> That's because there isn't any promotion of "slaughter." IF there's a way to
> reach Muslims, I'd like to know what it is. I know of Christians in just
> about all nations who've been killed trying to do just that, but I don't
> know of any success stories.

http://www.secretbelievers.org is a good starting point. There are a
great many Muslim people coming to know Jesus in countries all over
the world (even in the most repressive of countries), but most of them
are unable to 'go public' about their faith due to the threats of
violence or death involved. Speaking with Iranian friends of mine (who
now live in the UK), there are many in Iran who are totally
disillusioned with Islam and turning to Christ as the answer (
http://www.releaseinternational.org/pages/posts/iranian-christian-women-released---but-keep-praying-635.php
- is a couple of high-profile women who have been in court as a result
of their conversion). Admittedly, many of the Iranians who convert are
only safe to do so outside of Iran, but this is still strong evidence
of the many people who want to change.

Davo