[CS-FSLUG] OT: My wife is from this small town in NY.

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Fri Dec 18 00:16:59 CST 2009

On 12/17/2009 09:13 AM, Josiah Ritchie wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 7:54 AM, l4c <l4c at thelinuxlink.net
> <mailto:l4c at thelinuxlink.net>> wrote:
>
>     Ed Hurst wrote:
>
>         On 12/16/2009 10:38 PM, Fred A. Miller wrote:
>
>             You haven't seen what I've seen, Ed.
>

>         Nor have you seen what I have. We are all experts at one thing
>         or another, but it weakens your claim when you are ungracious.
>         If you posted as many articles about evangelizing Muslims as
>         you did about promoting slaughter of them, perhaps it would be
>         more acceptable. But you've already shown your colors, so it's
>         too late for that.
>
>         Moderator says: Back off.
>

>     Interesting Ed, I get all the exact same posts from Fred on my
>     list.  I seem them all twice since I am on this one too.  I don't
>     remember any promotion of the "slaughter" of anyone.
>
>     Rev. Linc.
>

> Either way, our scriptural mandate is to evangelize the world in hopes
> that the message of the gospel in the hands of our God will change
> their hearts. Learning the depth of their hatred (or the ineptitude of
> politicians) does not assist me in this cause. I am aware that the
> world is going to hell. I strive to have an attitude of action and
> compassion as a result. Fred's emails didn't encourage me in this way,
> and after a lot of personal thought and debate, I decided to enable a
> filter to censor his commentary. There are points (linux related) I am
> disappointed to lose, but I can get that else where. This happened
> about 4-6 months ago and I've been on this list for about 8 years.
> Fred's been posting stuff here since before then.
>
> Hopefully, Fred, you'll see this wasn't a decision I came to lightly.
> It came down to this. Having a Godly attitude towards these people you
> talk about was hampered by the articles and commentary you sent. This
> is, of course, a personal conviction that I know you don't share.

I see conversion as being important. I don't see that happening
anywhere. What I see isn't pretty.....it's deadly and getting worse.
> I say all that to respond to Linc's comment. Slaughter may have been
> an exaggeration in some cases, but the point of the articles is almost
> always highly critical and promotes actions that exclude certain
> biblical responses such as evangelism. Ed has a military background
> and if he defines military action as slaughter, I'm okay with that. In
> my discussions with those who are unaware of these sorts of things, I
> find many people who are extremely closed to the Christian God in our
> society because they have seen too many Christians banging on the "we
> have a responsibility to suppress the muslims" drum to not see a
> direct connection with the Crusades. Then they hear us sing "Onward
> Christian Soldiers" and it cinches the deal. (I understand the
> military comparison to evangelism, but they don't.) These actions
> reflect little of the desire of our Savior for them to be in heaven
> with Him. Our way of life, our country, our very lives are nothing to
> lose if it means we have a better chance to gain a church of believers
> in these lands of the deceived and daily dieing for lack of the truth.
> They can not take our God from us and that's all we ultimately have to
> lose. Is this not the example of our own Jesus Christ, the one that
> the certain Jews wanted to lead an army against
> the oppressive government? Did He not refuse and chose to die instead?

That is correct......He chose to do that. I don't know that is what
we're all supposed to do now. As to the Crusades, there's much in
current history books that's not accurate. One needs to have done proper
study for many years to be able to discuss that issue intelligently. I
don't believe any of us here fit that qualification.

Fred

--
A REVOLUTIONARY IDEA!
'Time to put Nana Pelosi in a home!'