[CS-FSLUG] OT: My wife is from this small town in NY.

Legatus lists at runyanrants.net
Thu Dec 17 11:05:21 CST 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 10:06, sjm <sjm.mlists at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't deny that there are radical extremist Muslims in the world just
> as there are radical extremist Christians (e.g. blowing up abortion
> clinics) or that there are radical extremist Jews or that there are
> radical extremist "xyz"ians.  What I take issue with is that *all* one
> and a half billion Muslims (two of every nine people in the world) are
> radical extremists.  (Are all Christians blowing up abortion clinics?)
>
> To focus only on the extremist Muslims only spreads fear.  If we rant
> against the FUD from one large software company, why do we spread FUD in
> another area?

Lets not play this game of finding equality of evil inside faiths.
Very few abortion clinics were blown up by anyone, let alone
Christians in the name of their faith. I won't deny it happened, but
that gets tossed around like it was common place. I know that there
are radical Jews in the middle east, who fight terror with terror.
None of this changes the fact that Islam is a death cult of massive
proportions. There are plenty of moderate Muslims who wouldn't kill or
blow things up. That is what makes them moderate. Very few of these
moderates have stood and spoke out against the violence done in the
name of Islam. To me that silence speak volumes about their beliefs.
They don't believe that the action was wrong within Islamic teaching.
When a Christian screws up in any way, there is a line of Christians
ready to defend the faith, and cast dispersions on the person's
actions as not being Biblical, or there is debate on controversial
topics in the public square among Christians.

The comments about being salt are right, but we should also remember
what the Gospels teach about those who will not welcome us and our
message.

Matthew 10:14
If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust
off your feet when you leave that home or town.
Mark 6:11
And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, shake the dust
off your feet when you leave, as a testimony against them."
Luke 9:5
If people do not welcome you, shake the dust off your feet when you
leave their town, as a testimony against them."
Luke 10:11
'Even the dust of your town that sticks to our feet we wipe off
against you. Yet be sure of this: The kingdom of God is near.'

--
JD Runyan

Jeremiah 17:7 - “But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose
confidence is in him.