[CS-FSLUG] A Poor Man's CRM ?

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Mon Dec 7 05:33:25 CST 2009

On Saturday 05 December 2009 14:19:55 Cia Watson wrote:

> I already use apache/php/mysql for my website, and phpmyadmin -- I guess
> I could configure it to have it's own directory (and I'm not the
> original questioner anyway...). I clicked on the link because I'm
> interested in something similar, but when I saw it was a web app I
> decided against it (for now, anyway...)
>
> What I've been using, though it pulls in a lot of KDE stuff and I
> haven't figured out how to use it well yet; is KOrganizer or KDEpim
> (personal info manager). On my Fedora install it's just KDEpim, and it
> pulls in a lot of stuff I don't want or need on my gnome desktop; but I
> haven't found a good gnome replacement for it.
>
> It's a calendar, with a reminder function (I like that!), events, to-do
> list, journal, and it will interface with KAddressbook or Kontact or
> whatever they call it. I haven't set that up yet. Under the option to
> add an event, there is a tab for adding an attachment. So that might
> work for you?
>
> I found out about and installed 'alacarte' menu editor to re-do my menu
> entries to I don't have to look at all the menu entries it pulls in. I
> created a menu item 'kdepim' and threw most of it in there. I couldn't
> find 'alacarte' or anything about menu editor on my menu after I
> installed it; so I opened a terminal window and typed 'alacarte' and it
> came up!

Cia, thanks for the suggestion. KDEPim certainly seems fit for the bill,
except for the fact that it expects its user to insert entries by date, while
what I wanted is to insert entries by name (i.e., by customer). Time and
calendars would be an important part of that, no doubt; but not the main
focus. However, I'll check to see what can I do with that.

Thanks again and blessings,

Eduardo

--
Eduardo Sanchez, B. Th.