[CS-FSLUG] Ubuntu and busybox

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Thu Dec 3 09:51:38 CST 2009

No, it is not LILO; it's Grub.  Its behavior is not alphabetical; it's
entry-order in the config file.

You'll need Linux to come to life far enough that you can edit
/boot/grub/menu.lst (or .../grub.conf).  To get Windows to be the
default boot, either [a] exchange the order of the Linux and Windows
entries or [b] change "default=0" to "default=1".  The entries are
numbered starting from 0.

As to what's wrong with your Linux install in the first place...I can't
guess from what you've said.  If it stopped coming to life by giving a
shell prompt, then it must have said something about what it found
wrong, to prevent it from continuing.  We would need to know what that
is.