[CS-FSLUG] Best Wireless-N Routers

sjm sjm.mlists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 19:34:24 CDT 2009

Timothy Butler wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>     I'm wondering if anyone has thoughts on Wireless N routers? There
> seems to be no consensus on which ones are actually capable of
> delivering good performance. Some folks say...

My first question would be what performance do you need?  (Does it
matter whether a Porsche or a Corvette can go faster when the speed
limit is 75mph?)

My second would be does dd-wrt support the router?

Also, are you talking performance as in speed or reception (distance,
multipath, walls, or tested in ideal situations in a lab three feet from
each other)?

My guess would be that most N routers would work.  I, personally, look
at what is supported by dd-wrt and then look to availability, warranty,
and price.

My thoughts, anyway.

sjm