[CS-FSLUG] won't identify monitor - cured itself

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Fri Aug 7 15:20:27 CDT 2009

On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 15:06:08 -0500, <Davidm at hisfeet.net> wrote:

> I plan to start using a client on my computer soon.  Got any
> recommendations?

Oh, my. There are so many good choices available. GNOME (Evolution) and
KDE (Kmail) both come with a bundled client. If all you need is just one
account, Evolution is pretty good, if somewhat complicated to new users.
Kmail is complicated in a different way. Both probably offer too much
unless you run a business or ministry with a substanial load of email. If
you prefer the Mozilla/Netscape type stuff, use Thunderbird. If you like
simplicity, Claws or Sylpheed are pretty good. The only reason I stick
with Opera is because it's so much lighter on my battered old laptop
running CentOS. It's not all that good, but terribly convenient. For Gmail
accounts, Opera comes preset to cooperate with the setup. But Opera is not
Open Source, so there are some on this list who would steer you away from
it.

You'll have to decide for yourself, based on how you want to use email.

--
Ed Hurst