[CS-FSLUG] Senator Obam

David McGlone d.mcglone at att.net
Sat Oct 11 17:36:32 CDT 2008

On Saturday 11 October 2008 4:49:57 pm Timothy Butler wrote:
> > As to distro--well.....
> >
> > OSX and Ubuntu *whispers* on my MSI Wind....
>
> 	I'm with Jon on this one. OS X is my favorite *nix "distro" followed
> by Ubuntu.
>
> > More importantly, what wm or de do people prefer? and to start a more
> > "important" discussion, vi or emacs? :-D (for myself, in the term, I'm
> > all for nano--I can't wrap my head around either of the other two)
>
> 	I'm a GNOME guy, myself (converted from KDE years ago).

Why the switch? I've been considering giving gnome another look lately,
because I hear so much about how clean cut it is. What I mean by that is
sometimes KDE just seems cluttered and everything just strewn about in the
Kmenu. I've been using KDE for well over 14 years and still can never
remember where to look in kmenu for some things. What I don't understand is
why have the "utilities", "system" and "settings" menu items when all 3 of
them are almost exactly the same generally. If you really think about it, all
the apps in each menu would easily fit in the other.

David M.