[CS-FSLUG] Database Review Request

Don Parris parrisdc at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 10:28:55 CDT 2008

Hi Tim,

I remember you - long time no 'see'!  How's the missionary support biz?  I'm
in no real hurry - I have a loooong ways to go yet - but I am reviving
CHADDB under a new name - 'Ekklesia', and working on a Python/PostGreSQL
toolset.  I am currently working on a console front-end while I learn the
basics of programming, and will eventually develop additional (GUI, web)
front-ends (all of which *should* be independent of each other).  I suspect
I'm probably a good year out yet from anything really useful - mainly
because of my learning curve.  I don't know though - looking at my old
Python console code from 2 years ago, I seem to have made more progress than
I thought I had.

At any rate, that's where I am.  Basically, it's the old CHADDB tables
revamped.  The local DB gurus I've spoken with seem to like my design, but I
wanted wider input on it.