[CS-FSLUG] Database Review Request

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Thu Oct 2 08:38:20 CDT 2008

Hi Don,
I am one of those Missionary geeks you were probably referring to.  For
the last year or two I have been working on a database system for
missionary organizations to track their donors with...  One might think
I would be a good candidate to look over your database design...  heh
heh.  Let me fill in the rest of the information.  I am a network admin
who can do some Perl programming, shell scripting, and some C if pushed
to it.  I can recognize if a database is somewhat relational, and
perhaps help break it down into various "normal forms."  But the main
thing one needs to develop a database is a familiarity with the types of
data one is trying to track.  And my wife always laughs when I try to do
anything with numbers.  She handles our checkbook, calendar, etc.

Anyway, I am willing to do what I can, but don't expect too much from
me.  Now, I do have some friends that might be able to do a lot better
for you.  Which DB project is this?

    - Tim Young