[CS-FSLUG] End of the Net (again)?

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Wed Jun 18 10:25:56 CDT 2008

Jason Franklin wrote:

[snip]

> I just don't see "subscription package" thing as being credible.  On
> the off chance they do attempt this, I agree with Josiah that we would
> see a rise in the small ISPs like we did in the 90s.  I think there
> are also enough smaller broadband carriers (particularly those who
> service remote areas) that simply won't go for it should it be
> attempted.

This nonsense WILL be attempted - count on it!! If the big companies get
away with it, then it will spread like wildfire and consume the Net.
Once "Obamamama" is in the White House, it'll be a done deal because he
is a would-be totalitarian.

--
Linux is an old Latin word meaning, "I don't have
to support your Windows anymore."