[CS-FSLUG] End of the Net (again)?

Jason Franklin jpfagapeu at mac.com
Wed Jun 18 09:00:25 CDT 2008

On Jun 18, 2008, at 6:51 AM, Josiah Ritchie wrote:

> Assuming this all to be true...
>
> I see opportunities for small ISPs popping up again to serve those who
> see the stupidity of it all. Maybe we should let the big ISPs find
> ways to hurt themselves and be prepared to replace them. Is it time to
> re-investigate Internet access over the power grid, municipal wifi,
> and the like?
>
> JSR/

I just don't see "subscription package" thing as being credible.  On
the off chance they do attempt this, I agree with Josiah that we would
see a rise in the small ISPs like we did in the 90s.  I think there
are also enough smaller broadband carriers (particularly those who
service remote areas) that simply won't go for it should it be
attempted.

Jason P. Franklin
Christian/Husband/Father/Missionary
Westwood Bible Fellowship