[CS-FSLUG] Firewalls for Linux?

Greg Slade grgaslists at rogers.com
Fri Jun 13 12:51:45 CDT 2008

One of the things I need to do is research malware defences for the
three operating systems we support (Windoze, Mac, and Linux.) For
viruses, that's easy, because Virus Bulletin tests Linux products, too.
However, the only comparative site I have found which is clearly based
on testing (as opposed to considerations like popularity [aka market
share], user interface, or the size of the marketing budget) is Matousec
(http://www.matousec.com/projects/firewall-challenge/results.php), which
only tests Windows firewalls.

Can anybody point me to a reliable source of comparative testing for
firewalls which run under Linux?

(Note: I am not talking here about implementations like Smoothwall,
which are designed to run on a separate machine, but rather something
designed to run in the background on a user's Linux box, which in our
case probably means a notebook.)

Greg

--
Greg Slade
Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.