[CS-FSLUG] OpenSolaris Users?

l4c l4c at thelinuxlink.net
Tue Dec 23 16:56:51 CST 2008

Timothy Butler wrote:
>     That's why I like RHEL so much (presumably CentOS would be the same,
> since only differs in minor ways). You can run the same RHEL release for
> over half a decade. They offer security updates, but they backport those
> to the same software versions that came with the system, that way
> features don't shift around when just trying to keep the system stable
> and secure.

Yeah, I still have a couple RHAS 2.1 boxes banging around at the Uni
here.  However, I am trying like ad to get them to upgrade.  It's
difficult to support OS revisions that old anymore.  As for CentOS, love
it.  It's RH that's been rebranded.  I would LOVE to get the Uni running
that instead because it is sooo much easier to work with their
repositories than to have to use RHN.

--
-Linc Fessenden