[CS-FSLUG] Tim, do you have any words of wisdom about this?

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Thu Dec 18 01:04:01 CST 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 5:01 AM, Timothy Butler <tbutler at ofb.biz> wrote:
> Finally, (though I doubt this, unless Jobs really is extremely ill) it may
> be that Apple is trying to de-emphasize the Stevenote so that investors
> don't see the company's fate so tied up with one man. Likewise, if Phil
> Shiller does a great job and announces some products at MacWorld, it would
> further build up the idea that Jobs is not irreplaceable. A good thing.

Phil is doing this show, because Steve won't do a "farewell" show
after announcing they won't be continuing. MW is history, and he can't
be bothered with it. It's really that simple. Oh, and it's _highly_
doubtful that there will be any major announcements at MW this
year--nothing. nada. zip. Just Phil saying it's been great, and
reminding the last one out to turn off the lights.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland