[CS-FSLUG] That Console Feeling

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Sat Apr 12 18:03:45 CDT 2008

Ed Hurst wrote:

> However, Debian Etch installed just fine without X. There is so far
> almost no way to get the thing to suspend, much less hibernate. I'm
> still looking into the possibilities.

Okay, that was fun. I finally worked out all the parameters for testing
s2ram and s2disk. Once I knew what switches were required (-fsp) I
chased down the one and only page on the Net I could find which
translated that into options in the 'uswsusp' package config files. They
make this entirely too hard -- diagnostics on one website, and switches
translated on someone's blog. Internal documentation doesn't mention the
relationship between commandline switches and config settings, either.
Still, I've got suspend and hibernate working from the console, and it
comes back usable. It can be done.

It may be worth it to get a battery for this thing after all.

--
Ed Hurst