[CS-FSLUG] KioSword

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Sat Apr 12 04:13:52 CDT 2008

I know this may be old-hat to many/most people here on this list, but
I just discovered a nifty KDE tool this week and had to share it. It's
called KIOSword, and uses KDE's kioslaves to allow Konqueror to
"browse" the Bible via the sword modules you have installed on your
hard drive. I'm very happy with it, and find it nifty that there is a
way to browse the Bible in my web browser--now, if only I could get it
to work with my Omniweb! ;-)

I had to install it from source on my Mac, but it went without a
hitch, once I read the readme, and ran the patch just as recommended
in the readme. (It's necessary for Sword versions 1.5.8 and above)

Here's the home page:
<http://lukeplant.me.uk/kio-sword/index.html>

--
 -Jon Glass