[CS-FSLUG] Church Management Software

Jason Franklin jpfagapeu at mac.com
Wed Apr 9 11:54:46 CDT 2008

On Apr 9, 2008, at 8:32 AM, EnzoAeneas wrote:

> well on the web app side, right-click functionality can be masde
> available, but that is neither here nor there.
>
> What I was aiming at (and I'm sorry because I was ambiguous in later
> explanations) was like the applications listed at these pages:
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mozilla-based.html
> http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/XULRunner_Hall_of_Fame
> http://mozpad.org/doku.php?id=map_of_the_mozpad_universe
>
> Many of these are simply try to mash Internet content with a local UI,
> others try to serve Internet content in a different way or enhance the
> experience, but others still simply use the Mozilla Gecko platform for
> building applications that run locally. Right-click, shortcuts,
> keyboard navigation, the whole shebang. Plus the initrinsic ability to
> use technology such as SVG for graphics, javascript for rapid
> protoyping of event handlers, XML/XSLT to enable simple data
> inerchange and conversion. Plus XPCOM (Cross Platform Component Object
> Model) allow sone to write more advanced pieces in many programming
> languages, even embed the platform to take advantage of it's
> presentation strengths while using backend code that already works.
>
> Hopefully, I 've cleared that up.

I'll take a look at those links when I get a chance.  Briefly, I'd
like to see this be truly cross platform (or platform neutral).  Most
churches that even have a computer use a windows machine.  Poor
churches that are blessed with a computer geek may use Linux instead.
Other's (such as mine) have been gifted with a couple Macs (before the
macs we were a linux based mission).  As I mentioned, it needs to be
intuitive enough for novice users to use.  Most of those novices will
probably be on Winboxes of various kinds.

Jason P. Franklin
Christian/Husband/Father/Missionary
Westwood Bible Fellowship
pastor.jason at westwoodbf.com