[CS-FSLUG] Access blocking technology

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Tue May 15 16:41:43 CDT 2007

I think there are two different issues. I did a telnet to both of then
on port 80 and got different responses.

Usually you can:
telnet henrietta_bowman.tripod.com 80
and then type:
GET /
and you will get a bunch of HTML dumped to you. The tripod gave me an
error, the christianpost gave me a blank webpage.

My guess that the tripod one has a poorly configured web-server, that
will not adjust to a request according to normal specs. But it could
also be a case of what I think Christianpost does...

ChristianPost, I think, is a generated page which generates the content
based on which browser you use. Javascript is different if you use IE or
Mozilla. It could simply be that it is expecting a different browser string.

I did disable javascript on my browser and could view both sites. I also
disabled cookies and java, and was still able to view both sites.

- Tim Young