[CS-FSLUG] Old problem with Ubuntu, XP and Samba

Hilding Egestål he7316575 at yahoo.se
Sat May 12 16:41:36 CDT 2007

Well, sorry to say, I have had to reinstall Ubuntu, and now I have
forgotten how I did the trick with Samba and printer. Actually, I have
never succeeded to use my old computer (only Linux, Ubuntu, Fedora6,
Knoppix and Mandriva) together with my new one (with XP, Ubuntu and
Fedora6) concerning the printing. I was able to use Ubuntu and Ubuntu on
the XPmachine, but I would like to manage printing when WindowsXP is
used. Not all familymembers like Linux at this moment.

So, my old PC is 192.168.0.3 and my new with connected printer USB is
192.168.0.2.
I have used http://localhost:631 and when I am coming to write the path
I am always confused. Shall I write:

smb://192.1658.0.2:631/printers/Brother
or
smb://192.168.0.2/printers/Brother
or
smb://192.168.0.2/Brother
or
smb://192.168.0.2/printer/Brother
or
In Ubuntu I installed a guest-account and have managed to find the right
printer.

So, what to do?

Regards from Sweden

/Hilding