[CS-FSLUG] "Windows Genuine Advantage Notification" via autoupdate?

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 14:37:25 CDT 2007

When it comes to Windows XP just go to the Windows update site,
uncheck that update, and then click the plus sign to the left of it
if it isn't already expanded, and there'll be a check box that says
"don't show me this update again". That will block the update from
trying to install until the next one rolls out.

In the update settings it's possible to tell Windows not to update
automatically, but rather either do nothing, only notify you, only
download and notify you, or install automatically (mess up your
system). You can pick the one of your choice.

If you already have WGA on your system, search Google for a tool
called removeWGA; however, that tool is no longer maintained and may
not work on the latest version of Microsoft's spyware/nagware.