[CS-FSLUG] wireless woes

Gabe Ginorio gginorio at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 20 02:05:33 CDT 2007

I had a similar problem,
> The problem is I cannot connect to my network. I am using 128 bit encryption
> and when I use a passphrase or hex it will not connect, but if I turn off the
> encryption on the router everything works fine.
>
> Also, everything works fine under windows, with and without encryption.
>
>  I've been working on this for 3 days. I've considered ipv6 being on, i've
> considered the fact the card is  an 802.11b and the router is 802.11G but I
> have the router set so b and G both can use it. Also that shouldn't be a
> problem since everything works flawlessly under windows.
>
> What am I missing?
I decided to use the mac address filtering feature of the router instead
of a WEP. I couldn't get WEP or WAP to work for nothing. First you need
to install a tool that handles WEP or WPA  (wpa-assistant) then pray it
works. I finally gave up and just used physical filtering ... which has
done a perfect job of keeping my network ... well ... my network.

Gabe