[CS-FSLUG] wireless woes

David McGlone david.mcglone at att.net
Thu Jul 19 20:00:24 CDT 2007

Hi all.

I put a wireless nic in my desktop running kubuntu 7.04. I am using
ndiswrapper and the card shows at wlan0 but there is something wrong.

The problem is I cannot connect to my network. I am using 128 bit encryption
and when I use a passphrase or hex it will not connect, but if I turn off the
encryption on the router everything works fine.

Also, everything works fine under windows, with and without encryption.

 I've been working on this for 3 days. I've considered ipv6 being on, i've
considered the fact the card is  an 802.11b and the router is 802.11G but I
have the router set so b and G both can use it. Also that shouldn't be a
problem since everything works flawlessly under windows.

What am I missing?
--
David M.

--