[CS-FSLUG] Mandriva Club

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 22:51:23 CDT 2007

Is anyone here still in the Mandriva Club? My last impression was
that everyone had moved away from that particular distribution, but
now that I have a job and a way to pay online I'm considering getting
a years subscription. Lately I've been looking for a good
distribution to get my hands on, and Vista (while bearable but
annoying on my one desktop) absolutely sucks the life out of my
laptop. It's too bad Microsoft doesn't issue refunds 30 days past
purchase of the product, I'd like to get a refund on that Vista
upgrade I tried on my laptop. Mandriva has been better lately, and
after trying out the 2007.0 version for a few months I'm looking at
getting 2007 spring.

I was just hoping for some short user-reviews of the Mandriva Club
service, what perks made it worth the cost to you?