[CS-FSLUG] Macs and Memory

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Sun Jan 21 21:03:23 CST 2007

Hmm... I'm not really sure, although wx can use GTK. I just thought
it looked somewhat like a flaky Aqua theme applied to a GTK app.

At any rate, while OS X runs X11 apps, the problem may lie more in OS
X's X11 server, Audacity or whatever widget it is using rather than
your computer. I never use Audacity, as you might guess.

Try something for me, would you? Run Cinebench.

	ftp://ftp.maxon.net/pub/benchmarks/cinebench_9.5.zip

Let me know what kind of scores you get. I'll run it again on my PM
G5, my Mac mini and my Powerbook. We can compare scores. It'll help
me to tell you if your system is running slower than mine and how
much improvement you can expect.

Also: if you can, try to find an Apple store or dealer. Apple demo
machines are usually unrestricted in what you can do with them (for
the most part), so you can take in a flash drive with a program that
gives you trouble, and if it doesn't require an installation
application w/ admin privileges, you can test it on a faster machine...

	-Tim