[CS-FSLUG] WinXP install review

Ritchie, Josiah S. jritchie at bible.edu
Thu Jan 11 09:12:49 CST 2007

I believe that ADP offers a fully web-based product. This would mean
that you could do payroll on any MS Computer with IE from any account.
Sadly, I seem to also remember that it required IE, and that firefox was
not supported. Also, see my next comment.

> Kyocera-Mita KM-3035 network printer, scanner, copier, fax.  Cannot
> print
> unless user is Admin.

You have run into another LUA (That is Limited User Account) bug. Very
annoying and common in the XP world. MS says that they are enforcing
this much more tightly with Vista. For my part, I'm glad. The software
vendor should fix it. It's lazy code. That said, there is free MS
download somewhere that is a program that resolves these issues
redirecting the program to a database in the users home directory
instead of to locked down places like specific registry keys. I haven't
used it, but I hear it works well. First, complain like crazy to the
company and try to get them to fix it.

> I don't know if these problems belong to each vendor or Microsoft, but
> I am
> certainly surprised that a platform as old as WinXP still has this
many
> issues.

In fairness, it would appear that all the problems you ran into were not
XP related, but the fault of the software vendors LUA bugs. QuickBooks
is another vendor that is miserable for sending out LUA offensive
programs.