[CS-FSLUG] Okidata Printer, OMNI and CUPS on Ubuntu 7.10

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Thu Dec 27 18:27:46 CST 2007

On Thursday 27 December 2007 18:03 Don Parris wrote:
> Okidata Pacemark 4410

I read somewhere you can use an Epson FX driver on that. That is, you
can try one or more of the various drivers CUPS offers for the FX or
maybe for the IBM Proprinter. I run into this with dot-matrix printers,
and it requires making sure your BIOS knows to use the oldest protocol
possible. To save time and trouble, I hook my old Panasonic Dot Matrix
to the one surviving Winbox from my previous collection of ancient
laptops. The Win-drivers are simply better than anything CUPS can do on
those older ones.

--
Ed Hurst