[CS-FSLUG] XO laptop

Jon Mark Allen csfslug at allensonthe.net
Sun Dec 9 22:07:24 CST 2007

On 12/9/07, Kim Chupe <k_chupe at yahoo.com> wrote:
> don't know about swordfish but you can try bibletime
> which only runs on some linux systems or try
> gnomesword which seems to be good for now. you can use
> e-sword but have to install wine which doesn't seem to
> be completely stable. hope this helps

I've tried Bibletime countless times in the past, but could never find
a version that was easily readable (like NASB or ESV, or even NIV if
necessary... :-)  Now I know the NASB and NIV aren't available w/o a
purchase but I could never understand why the ESV was available for
free for e-Sword but not as a SWORD module.

I can't tell you how elated I was to find tonight the ESV in the SWORD
module list!  This is absolutely my favorite version and to finally
find it in SWORD just really makes my night... :-)  The Crossway Bible
folks have done so much to make ESV accessible through so many
different mediums (RSS, iCal, APIs) it's great to see another avenue I
can use to read Scripture.

Just couldn't help sharing my excitement.. :-D

JM

--
"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have
removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people