[CS-FSLUG] A Bible-study question

Yama Ploskonka Yama at veritasacademy.net
Fri Aug 31 18:55:17 CDT 2007

It is accepted by most scholars that most Bible books, the older the
merrier, are compilations of several texts and probably multiple
multiple scribes.  A classical example is the "double" "Creation of Man"
in Genesis.  The multiple scribe approach explains many of the supposed
contradictions in the Word, and as you mention in a different context,
does "add spice" to its reading, since we cannot but wonder why God
intended it that way.

Why multiple texts?  Beyond trying to second-guess the Author, there
simply are different ways we understand things.  Else we would have no
need for 4 Gospels - one would be plenty.

The change of Name can be a providential event, and as such was very
significant in some contexts, but probably irrelevant in others, again
drawing on the previous parallel, sort of looking at the Lamb from John,
and the Teacher in the Synoptics.

Yama