[CS-FSLUG] HP 2500CM

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Tue Aug 14 22:52:35 CDT 2007

Hi everyone,
	Does anyone have any experience with a HP 2500CM "Professional
Series" printer? One I use to admin at church was given to me. It has
been in storage for years, but as I recall, it worked fine when it
went into storage. It now has a peculiar problem. Whenever I try to
print anything, it spits one page out blank, the next page blank, and
right before the second page comes out, the third page begins coming
out -- it is blank too. (In other words, it never prints anything.)
I'm guessing because of the third page being pulled at the same time
as the very end of the second page, the printer realizes something is
wrong and insists there is a paper jam (there isn't).

	This happens if I try to print the head alignment page, the self-
test pages, or print something from my Mac to the JetDirect network
connection. Always one page that comes out blank but without issue
followed by a second page which is not quite all the way out when the
third page jumps out.

	I've tried cleaning the paper pulling wheels that I can get to (the
ones in tray three are hard to get to). It happens with both trays.

	Any ideas what might cause this or how to fix it? Normally, I'm not
much for repairing printers, but this is such a nice, heavy duty one
I hate to give up on it too quickly.

	Thanks,
		Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Into this Universe, and why not knowing,
Editor, OFB.biz   | Nor whence, like Water willy-nilly flowing:
tbutler at ofb.biz   | And out of it, as Wind along the Waste,
timothybutler.us  | I know not whither, willy-nilly blowing."
                                            -- Edward FitzGerald