[CS-FSLUG] Bibletime from Swedish point of view

Hilding he7316575 at yahoo.se
Mon Oct 9 14:56:10 CDT 2006

Ed Hurst wrote:

>On Monday 09 October 2006 14:16, Hilding wrote:
>

>>In usr/bin in the filesystem I have the "exe"-file, bibletime. I run
>>that file and no wrongmessages.
>>

>Okay, then the error messages are simply what we would call background
>noise. It may be hard to grasp this, but KDE and GNOME desktops both
>put out a bunch of background noise like that. I consider it
>irresponsible coding if you get this stuff and never correct the
>problem which creates the messages. It is quite possible to compile the
>software to suppress those messages. If you get the application to
>work, don't worry about those messages.
>
>If you cannot find the program in your menu system, you can create a
>desktop icon for it. Right-click on the background, select "New >
>Launcher" or something like that. When you do, a dialog will open and
>allow you to select the icon and you can put /usr/bin/bibletime in
>the "command" window of the dialog. Once you have created this icon,
>see if it starts the program.
>
>By the way, in Linuxland we refer to binaries and executable scripts,
>not "exe-files". In the case of bibletime, it is a binary, or more
>properly "executable binary." Did you know you'd have to learn yet one
>more language? ;-)

I managed to get an icon on the desktop and the program is quite well.
Sometimes I find Greek a little easier than technical English, but I
will survive. Now I will deal with the remaining problem, getting the
printer Brother MFC210c to work. All installation with CUPS is OK - I
have the printer in the printerlist, and the right format. But, dealing
with Linux I am training my patience (and Yours?!) .  The printer is not
working  yet.